Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have an MFC 9560cdw printer and on one side the paper is

Customer Question

I have an MFC 9560cdw printer and on one side the paper is slightly crinkled and misprints
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2.5 years old and Brother MFC 9560 CDW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 8
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Its been going on for a couple of months It looks like there is a problem with a roller
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sort of problem can indeed be a problem with a slipping (or slippery) paper pickup or paper feed roller, somewhere in the paper path.

Also, you can try a run of one page through the printer, and interrupt it and stop it short when the page is part-way through the paper path and the print engine, by opening a door on the printer.

Once stopped, remove the paper, note how far it was through the paper path, and see whether the paper has gotten crinkled yet, or not.

- If not yet crinkled, the place or component that is at fault, is farther along the paper path.

- If already crinkled, then the defective component is earlier in the paper path.

Trying another one-page run, and again interrupting it, only with the paper either less far, or farther along, the paper path, will narrow down where the problem is still further, by a similar process of removal and examination of the paper.

Let me know what you find out, and what you think.

Also: if the problem might be a slippery roller (as mentioned above) the roller or rollers can be cleaned by hand. Let me know whether you would care to try this process of cleaning rollers, and I will give you instructions.