Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I want to scan one page using my MF227dw printer to my

Customer Question

I want to scan one page using my MF227dw printer to my computer using a USB cable wired to the computer. When I select scan on the printer, I get a message saying select scan type, with "computer" appearing. When I touch computer I get a message "select the scan type."
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it's a Canon MF227dw; maybe five years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: My computer is a Dell Optiplex 960, maybe 9 years old. Incidentally, I've scanned using this printer and computer before, but I forget how!!
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Right now, I see the "Home" display on my printer with the various options showing, including Scan.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, except that I'm using a USB cable from the printer to computer, and printing works fine.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Dustin replied 20 days ago.

After you touch computer, you should be able to then press the arrows / numbers to select a color or black and white, or document or photo scan.. And then press the Start or scan button again to start the scan.

If that doesnt work, you may need to install the network / scan driver from this page

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART165939&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1479232768095

Let me know if you get stuck,

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No, I don't need a secure connection, with your r
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
O.K. I'll try that. I'll have to switch you off to do it, however.
Expert:  Dustin replied 20 days ago.

Apologies, Im not sure if you wanted to try the screen sharing session or not?

If you do, I need to know whether you have a windows PC or a Mac so I can send the correct steps?

If you dont want to try the screen share let me know, and Ill start writing out some steps for you to follow.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 20 days ago.

My apologies, I meant if you dont want a screen sharing connection then try the steps above and let me know whether that works for you, or if you get stuck and we will go from there.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I never heard back from you. Did you still need help with this issue?

If so, please reply so we can get started. Otherwise, please send a message saying you don't want to continue so we can close this support request.

Thank you,

Dustin S