John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We have a kx-mb2061 and ia have changed the drum cartridge

Customer Question

we have a kx-mb2061 and ia have changed the drum cartridge and toner and we have a long blank stripe on the paper that is printed and also the paper comes out looking almost like carbon paper
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: panasonic KX-MB2061 , 8 in 1 machine and i used cpfat461 laser toner
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ever since the machine told me to change the toner and drum and just basically trying to clean it up to see if that would help--it always seems to leave a black dust where the toner sits down in the drum
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

Do you mean a blank strip, or a black strip?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

But the rest of the page is coming out more like solid black, or dark/dusty looking?
Would it be possible for you to scan me a printed page to have a look at?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I cant scan and send but it is dark and dust looking
Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way. Note that I'm s ending this as a phone call instead, which will be more productive anyway and cost you less.

Thanks,