Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

We need to install his old printer to his new computer.

Customer Question

We need to install his old printer to his new computer. MF4360-4390
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon MF 4370dn
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC with windows vista
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This issue just started because we just recently bought this computer. We now plugged the printer into this computer and the computer called it MS4360-4390 and said the printer software is out of date. It then told us to contact Canon Software support.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please disconnect the printer's USB Cable from the computer for now. Then click on the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-imageclass/imageclass-mf4370dn?tab=drivers

, then there, download and install the imageCLASS MF4370dn MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear).

- When prompted during installation, then connect the printer to the computer and finish and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Another solution:

STEP 1:

1. Disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer for now.

2. On your new computer, right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Control Panel

; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open.)

3. There, open System and security / System

4. Then there, note if the System type is 32-bit or 64-bit.

STEP 2:

1. For 64-bit, click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/jhkdtg9

- For 32-bit, click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/gos2lgg

2. And save if prompted.

3. Once downloading is done, open / run the download file called MF4370MFDrivers... and run / open / install it.

; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the computer's keyboard, then open / run or double-click on the item MF4370MFDrivers..., and run / open / install it.)

4. When prompted during installation, then connect the printer's USB cable from the printer to the computer and finish.

5. Once installation is finished, then print something and check.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,