JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have an epsom XP 200 and I am unable to get it connected

Customer Question

I have an epsom XP 200 and I am unable to get it connected to other computers on my internal net work
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Its about 2years old series 2
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac mini and OS X EL Capitan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was connected and then it seemed to be spasmodic. I have given them the iD to find it on their computer and reinstalled but nothing working
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

how is the printer connected now?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have it ticked the share my printer box and yet the other mac computer says it is not connected. They have the identity correct.
Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

is the printer connected to one computer on the usb port?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
They are connecting through wifi
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
It works fine on my computer
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hello are we still connected?
Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

if the printer is connected wifi and works fine on your computer then it should work on all other computers as well all you need to do is uninstall the printer from the computer which is not working and reinstall a new full featured driver software and install it and select wifi when you get the option during the installation.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
The only box I have ticked is the printer sharing box. Do I need to tick anything else. I will try on the other computer what you suggest.
Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

dont follow the steps on the computer which is good in printing.

Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

?Uninstall printer already install on the computer which is not printing.

Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

Click the Apple logo at the top of the screen and select "System Preferences."

Select "Print & Scan" in the Hardware section. A list of printers with drivers installed on your computer appears on the left side of the Print & Scan window.

Click the printer you want to remove from the computer to highlight it.

Click the "-" button below the list of printers to remove the printer information from the list.

Close the "Print & Scan" window.

Click the "Finder" icon in the dock and select your hard drive in the menu on the left side of the window.

Click "Library," "Printers," "PPDs," "Contents," and "Resources." A list of the printer drivers on your Mac appears.

Click and drag the name of your printer model's driver into the trash can in your dock.

Press and hold the "Control" button on your keyboard while clicking the trash can icon in the dock and select "Empty Trash."

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
What does she need to put in to bring up the driver software?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you Michelle we are trying that now.
Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

I have given you the driver link right before the uninstall steps

To Re-add your printer with a different set up

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

2. Select your printer in the list, then click Remove .

3. Click Add , and if a pop-up menu appears, choose Add Printer or Scanner.

A dialog appears listing any Bonjour, IP, shared, and Open Directory printers on your local network. It may take a minute or two for your printer to appear.

4. Select your printer when it appears in the list, then do one of the following:

• Use AirPrint: Click the Use pop-up menu, then choose AirPrint (or Secure AirPrint). If AirPrint isn’t in the pop-up menu, your printer doesn’t support it.

• Use printer software installed on your Mac or downloaded from Apple: Click the Use pop-up menu, then choose Select Software.

• Use printer software from a file on your Mac: Click the Use pop-up menu, then choose Other. Select the file, then click Add.

Update your printer software

If your printer isn’t using AirPrint, you can use Software Update to download the latest software. If you don’t do this, you may see a message that software isn’t available when you connect your printer.

Choose Apple menu > App Store, then click Updates.

Install any software updates listed for your printer.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I gave her the second set of instructions first before the first instructions is that correct?
Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

I agave you two instructions one is Unistall and second is Reinstall

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Sorry got confused with the second instructions. She isn't sure how to id her hard drive, on left side of the window Is it her iMac
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
She is scrolling down the menu but cannot find library or any of the others
Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

the steps are for mac only.

Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

If the printer has been removed from the printers folder then try the install steps.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Her computer is a full mac computer. We will try the install steps then.
Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

sure.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
It isn't working. Like I said we have followed these steps before. Hence my frustration.
Expert:  Michelle replied 21 days ago.

I will open the question to other experts for there views and inputs.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ok do I wait with this line open or will they email me a connection?
Expert:  JKalman replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Expert:  JKalman replied 21 days ago.

I have reviewed your session with Michelle, and I have a question about what you mean when you say "id the hard drive" or "id the printer". The term "id" is used to refer to an object, typically a login identifier. Are you using it in a more general sense, as a verb or a noun?

Expert:  JKalman replied 21 days ago.

Also, there was some crosstalk rom antoher party whom you refer to a "her". This interfered with following up on the discussion and becoming clear about the meaning of what was discussed. It would be helpful if I could talk to only one person.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I was conveying the instructions on my computer to the person whose computer was unable to connect with my printer. While on line to you. I was giving their responses as they were trying the instructions. You are only dealing with me. We tried the instructions which we had already tried before we contacted you. We have deleted the printer from other computer. And reinstalled it. The id was referring to the name by which they could locate the printer. But everything we have tried has not worked.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
We both have Apple computers hers is a full computer mine is a mini mac.This is the id that comes up on my computer. Computers on your local network can access your computer at:
Monicas-Mac-mini.local Even though this is what is entered on her computer it keeps saying it is not connected. We do not know what else to try. We have updated software also.
Expert:  JKalman replied 17 days ago.

Okay. Please do not use the term id to refer to an object name. An id is a login name. An object name is ***** ***** Now I have to reiew your question and translate it into the proper terminology, so that I can understand it.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What do you suggest we try and do next. Serial No of printer is *QJDK070513* Model C462D
I am at a loss of why it will not connect with the other computer.
Expert:  JKalman replied 12 days ago.

I will give you the entire procedure, which is guaranteed to work. However, if you have any difficulty with it, I suggest that we work on it interactively, when we are both online. Here is the procedure for uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver software on a mac:

This is the installation procedure. Each step must be done in the order given in order for the process to work. This thorough method that I have developed, always works. First, please do the following:

Do you have other working printers installed on your computer? (If so, you may skip the next step.)

Reset Printing System - If there are no other printers installed on the mac, the printing system should be reset, in order to guaranty a clean installation. Use Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen to select System Preferences. Open the Printers & Scanners window. Hold the CTRL key down and user the select button on you mouse to click anywhere in the left side of the printer window. Then select Reset Printing System on the menu. (Skip the next step.)

Remove Print Server Icons

[If there are other working printers, instead of resetting the printing system, just remove the print server icons for the printer that is not working, and skip resetting the printing system, since it may not actually be necessary. If it becomes necessary, It may have to be done later, followed by a reinstallation of the printer we are working on an addition of the other printers to restore them.]

Uninstall Printer Software - Use Finder to open the System Preferences > Applications folder and locate the subfolder for your printer. Drag the entire folder into the Trash folder.

Restart Computer System - Use the Apple icon to restart your computer operating system. You can rejoin this conversation by selecting the link in your notification email.

Download Printer Software - Select the following link to download the Full Feature Printer Software and Driver package for your printer and operating system:

LINK FOR SPECIFIC PRINTER FROM OFFCIAL MANUFACTURER'S SUPPORT WEBSITE

Install Printer Software - If you do not see a Run button, use your Finder to locate the downloaded printer file in the Downloads Folder. Use the select button on the mouse to select the heading on the Date column and sort the download files by date, so that the required file is at the top of the list. Select the file to open it, and follow the prompts to install the software.

Print Test Page - Use Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen to select System Preferences. Open the Printers & Scanners window. Highlight the print server icon for your printer and use the menu button on your mouse to open the Print Properties menu. Select the Print Test Page button in the Printer Properties dialog box.

Expert:  JKalman replied 12 days ago.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS ADVICE, OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. If I have solved your problem, I would appreciate a GOOD or an EXCELLENT rating. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.