John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have just returned to FL from Canada after being away for

Customer Question

I have just returned to FL from Canada after being away for 6 months. I changed both ink cartridges and they are now loaded. I do not have a manual with this printer which I got from Walmart about 3 years ago
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: The 3 yellow lights are flashing and I know I have to do an alignment but I forget how. Can you tell me how to do this on a Canon MG2500
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: 5 yr old Dell PC laptop
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is the first time I have attempted to use the printer since I returned yesterday. The first thing I did was change both ink cartridges with fresh ones. Once they were inserted and I closed the door the 3 orange lights were flashing.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 19 days ago.

Can you tell me exactly which lights you are seeing?