Bob James
Bob James,
Experience:  IT Support Specialist & Network Support at American Furniture Warehouse
96807910

I have a pixma 6821 - I need to add a paper type to allow

Customer Question

Hi I have a pixma 6821 - I need to add a paper type to allow the printer to recognize and be able to print properly. I was told to add through the printer driver but I'm unsure of how to do it
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MG 6821 about 3 months old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC OS X Yosemite
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's always been an issue - i've just made due
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am trying to print to RedRiver 60lb Polar Matte paper size is 5.25x10.5
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bob James replied 20 days ago.

Please visit Canon's site and download the latest driver, below is a link to their driver site for the Pixma MG6821 - please make sure to choose Mac OS X Yosemite in the Operating System drop down:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/crafting-printers/pixma-mg6821?tab=drivers

There are two drivers that were released after your purchase, hopefully one of those will be what you need:

MG6800 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.10.0.0 (Mac)

ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you - that didn't work
Expert:  Bob James replied 20 days ago.

I apologize that the information I provided was insufficient. Since you've had the printer for only 3 months, have you tried contacting Canon directly? Most manufacturers provide a 1 year warranty, and hopefully they would offer some technical advice during that period also. I will opt out of this question also, in case another professional can answer.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thanks - I went to Best Buy and the manager said he would exchange - I didn't have this problem with my Epson