John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We just purchased at staples and was told I could hook up

Customer Question

we just purchased at staples and was told I could hook up wirelessy. the printer is telling me to enter code 52751301 into router -- I don't know how. also have not found where to put in my provider name and my ID # and and my pass word into router
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: XP-430. It will tell me to enter the Pin which I have 2 minutes to do. I don't know where or how to enter this. Bright House -my cable company has given me has
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just purchased it a couple days ago
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know. can this be done over the phone ?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 22 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your internet modem / router device?

- On the printer's screen, can you select the Wi-Fi Setup -> Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Is there any error or message when trying the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard option on the printer's screen, or are you stuck at any step?

What's the model of your internet modem / router device?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 16 days ago.

How are you? It's been about a week. Do you still need help with the printer issue, and/or with anything else?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,