John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I'd like to set up a pc to print wirelessly I have done it

Customer Question

hey, I'd like to set up a pc to print wirelessly I have done it ok with a mac, just can't work it out with a hp laptop
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: pavilion g6
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: 5 yrs
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: windows 10 i think
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: sorry windows 8
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 24 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer printing fine with the Mac computer via wireless connection?

Is this a new printer or was it working fine previously?

What's the model of your printer?

Is there any error or message when installing the printer's driver / software on your HP laptop?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
prints fine with mac. Haven't worked out how to connect via PC so always plug it in when I want to print. Printer is Cannon MX890
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
i dont want to connect
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
hello??

Thank you. I'm sorry. Please wait a bit for me to troubleshoot. Thank you,

Thank you for your patience. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you, and wireless printing setup can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

- Have you tried to uninstall the Canon driver / program, then reinstall the printer driver / software and select the wireless option when prompted during installation?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I dont know how to reinstall drivers

I'll provide the driver download. First, please disconnect the USB cable from both the printer and the computer.

- Are you able to open Control Panel on your HP laptop?

The first step is to uninstall / delete the (USB) Canon printer the HP laptop.

Are you able to open Control Panel on your HP laptop?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
i worked out how to reinstall

Great. Were you able to select the wireless printer during the reinstallation?

Are you able to print via wireless connection now on the HP laptop?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
havent got that far
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 23 days ago.

Sorry. You said you worked out how to reinstall previously. Please let me know where you are at, or if you are stuck at any step. Thank you,

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I worked out how to do it. It's still installing

OK, per my suggestion of uninstalling / reinstalling the printer's driver / software, it should give the prompt to select Wireless option during the reinstallation at some point.

Please let me know later; I will help further as needed. Thank you for your patience,

By the way, are you using the printer's CD disk to reinstall? Or did you download the printer's driver / software at the Canon website?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
was downloading

OK. Sorry, installation takes long.

By the way, did you go to Control Panel -> Programs / Programs and Features, and uninstall / remove the Canon program(s) if it's there before reinstalling?

How is the installation going? Did it ask to select the connection option during installation?
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,