Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I get a message that says "There is a problem with the

Customer Question

I get a message that says "There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists contact HP. I have done this and I keep getting the same message.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is less than a year old. The model number is ***** I bought it in Maine and I am now trying to install it where I now live in Austin.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just started to you use today in Austin. It worked fine in Maine.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried to print something before I added the house network to the printer thinking that all I needed was for my computer to recognize the network
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I have unplugged it and I will now wait 10 minutes. I will let you know at approximately 1PM if this works. Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
That did not work. I am still getting the same message.
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I will let you know in about 10 minutes
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
It is still not working. I am getting the same message. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

Thanks

It is the printhead that has faulted, this is the only cause left

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I bought this printer last March in Maine. I am no longer working in Maine. I did not keep the receipt. I am not certain if I registered the printer. I am now living in Austin, Texas. Where can I go here in Austin? I bought it at a Staples store. Are you certain that the problem has nothing to do with the way I added the printer to my network here in Austin? Please answer my questions. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

No, it is not network related it is the printhead, this has faulted.

If you print out a transaction from your bank or credit card statement and take this in with you to Staples, this should be enough for the warranty as they can look it up based on the serial number.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 24 days ago.

you're welcome

Let me know if you need anything else, and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top then submit

Thank you