John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Trying to print photos and printer says Out of Paper. Also

Customer Question

Trying to print photos and printer says Out of Paper. Also tells me to use a different kind of printer paper like Color something or other.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP Photosmart 7520 about 5 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10 Pro.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: A month or so I think. Paper goes in and out like it's going to print but then just rejects the quere. Then it says it's out of paper and tells me to use better paper. Now printer gets stuck and won't response to commands to "Done" or anything.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please