John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It's a Canon IP90 and it just won't print - I changed the

Customer Question

It's a Canon IP90 and it just won't print - I changed the ink cartridges but without any improvement.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Never had a problem before - it's a simple printer for a simple operator!!
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: No idea - they didn't teach me about such things when I went to school 1944
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I'd been primnting normally but noted that my print was fading - hence i changed the ink cartridges.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - I usually operate this as I've been told buy know nothing about why
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm a 79 year old user - have no idea how you came on-line and offered your assistance at a time when this non-competent computer user was having a minor difficulty. I, perhaps too innocently, conceded to your request that you could help by giving you my Mastercard details - only to find that concurrently the contact ceased .I've no idea why ....BUT I was astonished to see a withdrawal from my bank account of £3 (I must assume that was a 'membership' fee) BUT WHY a further £17 and what for (again I assume a service supposedly fulfilled). YET since I received no service I certainly will contest the latter charge. I had to get someone in to fix my printer. Please respond to ***@******.*** or to***@******.***
Ph.(###) ###-####3763Ken Maginnis
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Hi there

I replied to you within 3 minutes of you posting your question, you never replied back....

You will need to speak to customer service about all payment questions

Thanks