John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Have no problem printing from desktop but cannot get the

Customer Question

Have no problem printing from desktop but cannot get the laptop (an Asus about 5 years old to bluetooth to the printer. It is running windows 7 and I think the driver is out of date! where do I go from here?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The printer is an MG7765 and I purchased it a couple of months ago, the model is a coloured version of my daughters MG7700 which she has had for about 2 years.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: A PC and the OS is about 9.0 something - how can I confirm that?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had been using a Canon Pixma with the slide sleeve for printing from neg slides for a number of years but it died, the new printer had no problemwith the desktop but it wont run from laptop which does have a bluetooth USB plugin for the mouse
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only how can I fix this without taking on some American package that wants to run the whole show.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

how is the printer connected to the computer usb or wireless?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hi Michelle, the new printer is wireless, no problem from desktop but not from laptop
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I cant afford to sit here for 24 hours, is there anything we can do a little sooner
Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

we can do it right now. I will send you a remote link.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No Thanks Michelle, I have already forwarded a 27 + 5 premium and so far have not had a great deal (none) satisfaction
Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

its an additional service if you dont wish you can simply deny the remote assistance and we can continue on this live chat.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
That would be great, I know you have to sell product, but I get somewhat frustrated with all the additional costing
Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

Download and install the driver from the link given below and install it let me know how it goes

Click here

Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

let me know if you have any question.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
OK just waiting for the exe files to come through, is there a particular one that has to be run first - they are both win-mb7700-1_0 files
Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

yes thats the only file which needs to be run once the download is completed.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Once I chose the correct printer, (step 2) it went searching but the next button is not available, so I pressed update, but that just went through the procedure again - still no next button (for step 3) available
Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

The next button is grayed out or its not functioning.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I would say so, i just ticked the serial number first and then it was not there!
Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

three must be checkbox to get it enabled. I can tell you till i see it. Post me a screenshot of the screen.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
How do I do that?
Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

use your cellphone camera.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
your number or email ?
Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

post it here on this chat session.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Not sure how to get it from phone to this session, tried my.just answer.com but no luck
Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

save the picture on your email and then download it on your computer and post it.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have tried that 3 times now but the image has not reached any of the screens, desktop, laptop or phone, so I have run out of options?
Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

I will open the question to other experts for there views and input.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Will the session be saved if I switch off the laptop
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 27 days ago.

Dear Client,

the previous expert has opted out from your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you now.

I see that you have not been to happy about a possible remote-assistance, but honestly, this is next to impossible to solve via text (as you already possibly noticed), since the problem can come from so many different aspects of the system. So I would really recommend that you think again about a possible remote-assistance, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen. It also is a safe option because JustAnswer is a A+ accredited business with the BBB and you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Please just let me know.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have used remote assistance before whilst running an accounting package for a business but I did not want to part with another 55 dollars for the privelege after paying for this session!

Thank you for your feedback and I totally understand that. So should I opt out from the question then as well? That´s the only thing that I can offer beside a remote-assistance to fix your problem, since I don´t see any possibility via text here either. Thank you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** don't think I will go on, will you be able to organise a refund for the free part of your offer?

No worries, I will opt out of your question, maybe another expert will be able to help via text instead. You can request a refund at 1800-679-634 (Australian number) at anytime. Good luck to you and I hope it can be solved!