John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a problem with Lexmark X5650. When I try to print for

Customer Question

I have a problem with Lexmark X5650. When I try to print for some reason the paper moves to the right and creates a jam. I pull it out and try to print again and same thing happens. The paper moves to the right, in fact it does not jam, but I am unable to print. I load the paper properly. What should I do? Thanks.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Lexmark is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's Lexmark X5650, all in one, it is about 8 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am trying to print from PC, the operating system is Windows.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue since yesterday. Before that it was printing fine.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that' all.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 22 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 22 days ago.

If the paper moved to the right side of the printer then, check the left side of the paper path with a flashlight for any obstructions.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I have thoroughly checked the whole printer and did not find any obstruction anywhere. I am not satisfied with the answer and want my money back.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I will dispute this charge.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 22 days ago.

I have just asked you to check the printer, I have not given you any answer.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 22 days ago.

Please remove all the papers from the printer and then, try to push a thick paper like cardstock into the printer and let me know, if it enters the printer evenly or not ?