John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am trying to re-establish my wifi connection. to my 8270

Customer Question

I am trying to re-establish my wifi connection. to my 8270 printer. I see it see's the router but it continually shows offline and I cannot print anything.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP Office Jet Pro 8270 about a year old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC with windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I changed locations about two weeks ago. That's when the problem was noticed. I have time today to try and resolve it, hopefully with your help.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 19 days ago.

Try this please.

1. From the printer’s control panel, open the Wireless Settings menu. Many products provide access to the Wireless Settings by pressing the Wireless Button or touching the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel. Consult the printer’s help documentation if you do not know how to access the Wireless Settings menu.
  2. From the Wireless Settings menu select “Wireless Setup Wizard”. The Wireless Setup Wizard will guide you through the process of configuring your printer with the new wireless settings. From the printer’s display, select your network name from the provided list of wireless networks found in your area and enter the wireless password (WEP/WPA/WPA2) when prompted.
  3. You can print a Wireless Network Test report from the Wireless settings menu to confirm the printer was successfully connected to your network.

To configure your wireless settings on a printer that does not feature a Wireless Setup Wizard:

1. First, make sure your computer is connected to your network. You will also need a USB cable, which is temporarily used during the configuration. Be sure NOT to connect the USB cable between the computer and printer until instructed to do so by the software. If your HP printer software is already installed on your computer.
    • Launch the Printer Software from the Start screen (icon for the printer model name) or from the tile named for your printer.
    • Select (click or touch) Utilities on the top of the Printer Software screen
    • Select Printer Setup & Software
  2. Select “Reconfigure Wireless Settings” from Printer Setup & Software or from the Welcome Back screen from the CD.
  3. Carefully follow the instructions on the software screens. Do not connect the printer to your computer with your USB cable until prompted by the software. At the end of the process you will be instructed to remove the USB cable.
  4. Once you have successfully configured the printer with the new wireless settings, restart all computers that will use the printer over the wireless network.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Printer report indicates successful setup. When I sent a job to the printer windows alerted me printer offline.

The best option will be to use a screen connect remote session so that I can connect to your computer directly and do this for you.

I will send you the info.