John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I own a CanonMF217w and have printed once from my laptop. I

Customer Question

I own a CanonMF217w and have printed once from my laptop. I have tried to print again, but it is not responding, and there is a blue flashing light where it says processing/data error.n I find no instructions in the set up manual or disk I have to correct this problem.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Canon Image Class MF217w
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: My laptop is an HP Not sure what you are asking for when asking for OS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just happened a couple days ago when I was trying to print a recipe from on line
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, Just how to get it back to printing again. Thank you
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 27 days ago.

Turn your Canon off, then open up to make sure there are no paper jams. Then turn back on. Go onto your computer to your printer and cancel all documents.

Also can you tell me how many blue flashes you see? Does it constantly flash blue or does it flash blue in sets of 3, 4, 5's etc?