Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Having trouble printing from my laptop to my wireless Epson

Customer Question

Having trouble printing from my laptop to my wireless Epson XP-420
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Has has happened a couple of times over years but turning off printer has helped. Now nothing has helped.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: ok
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would like to know, if you could find out, what MAC OS X version is on your computer.

(You can find out by clicking on the apple then choosing "About This Mac"... the 10.X version # of MAC OS X will be shown there.)

I think you may need to reinstall the drivers for the printer, after you uninstall them, and after you then restart your computer. I can give you exact step-by-step instructions on how to do so... but one question:

What shows up on the printer itself? error messages on its display, or error indicator lights, are both good ways of telling whether the printer itself has the problem.

For instance: if the WiFi light is either Off, or flashing, on the printer, then the printer is where the correcting of the problem will need to be done.

Inform me of details, and I will instruct you further, in specific, and as appropriate. Let me know, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I fixed it already. Erased downloaded printer and reinstalled. Also could have been on two different wifi systems. I have optimum as well as a house wifi. Wish I hadn't paid but thank you anyway.

I'm glad to hear that it was fixed (more or less according to the rather general guidelines - thus far - that I had to provide owing to a slight lack of specifics of the case).

You're welcome, and thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

By the way, since you mentioned paying:

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

*****@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No worries about the charge. Should have tried this my self. Have a nice day.

Thanks, ***** ***** a good day.