John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Brother DCP_J172W Printer contacted by WI-Fi when I

Customer Question

I have a Brother DCP_J172W Printer contacted by WI-Fi when I try a print it goes through the motions but no print appears on the paper
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Sorry the only thing I can see on the printer is Innobell 18 months old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7 Professional
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: New computer installed two days ago, the printer was attached by cable to the old computer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No only change was from cable connection to Wi-Fi
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 27 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

have you tried to print a test page on the wifi printer?