John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have bought a pixma mg2560 printer and installed software

Customer Question

I have bought a pixma mg2560 printer and installed software from disk. I can not scan with the printer. Also I have a Pixma mg5760 that will not scan. They both will copy and print from my PC
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MG2560 Canon Pixma. Bought yesterday. The other is MG2560 Canon Pixma, bought about 1 year ago
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows 7. Sorry the other printer is MG5760
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Could not scan on the MG 5760 from first purchase and the 2560 since buying yesterday. No issues with my PC have occured
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 22 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you tried installing a downloaded scanner driver appropriate for both your printer and for your Windows 7 ?

If you have done that and it failed, with what error message does it fail?

Also... Canon printers usually scan most readily using MP Explorer EX (a program distributed for free with Canon printers) or Canon Scan (another program offered free with Canon printers.) Have you tried either of those two? some programs, such as One Note, cannot work with Canon scanners... which are still perfectly workable with Canon's own scanner programs.