Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My printer is only a few months old. about a month ago the

Customer Question

my printer is only a few months old. about a month ago the display went blank. it is lighted but blank.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HO Envy 5540 and maybe 5 months old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: we are all (family) using different devices. mine is an HP(with Windows 10), others are also HP, and others Android devices
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: its began about 4-5 weeks ago I think. I don't remember anything different happening before it started
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 26 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 26 days ago.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty front panel assembly or logic board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point you will want to call(###) ###-####and file a claim with HP to have them replace it under warranty.

My apologies for the (likely) bad news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,