John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Printer registers a 6C10 error, Pixma MP560 4 years old, PC

Customer Question

printer registers a 6C10 error
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Pixma MP560 4 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC with Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Was printing fine, large cartridge of black was running low, I went to replace cartridge and the lights on those did not light and there seems to be a "dragging" noise
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 28 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest first looking for what is causing the 'dragging' noise. Scraping or dragging noise could mean either something got dropped into the printer, or else perhaps some part came loose inside the printer.

Also try removing the large black cartridge and examining it without touching the inky underside nor the copper-colored contacts (generally on the back side of the cartridge), lest you ruin it. Look within, and around, that location for anything loose or unusual.