Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Suddenly after more than a year of seamless printing

Customer Question

Suddenly after more than a year of seamless printing wirelessly from my MacBook Pro, 2 weeks ago my photosmart 5510 all-in-all will not print at all. I have just consulted with Apple and they suggest I contact you.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Hp Photo Smart 5514. Not sure, at most it is 5 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been about 2 weeks with the complete stop. Prior to that, for several months it had been very delayed sometimes 30 minutes.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have disconnected and turned off (and on) the router several times.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

Please try the following?

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N