Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I want to print a document but the window shows the Fax

Customer Question

I want to print a document but the window shows the Fax option and I can't clear it. How can I do that?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: its approx. 8 yrs old. there's nothing wrong with it. MCF-J430w
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC OS? give me some examples. Not totally terch savvy.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Actually it pops up a lot and I can never clear really. I just keep asking for "print" until it does but not this time. Is there an option to cklea
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to clear "fax" from my window info
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
no
Expert:  Shefin replied 25 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

It is because you have selected MCF-J430w Fax, instead of MCF-J430w printer, while printing. Either choose the right printer from the drop down menu, when you see the print window.

Otherwise, select the correct printer as Default printer. Let me know the operating system you are using (E.g. Windows 7), so that I can assist you better.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N