John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Upgraded to Mac X OS 10.12.1 but printer driver for my

Customer Question

upgraded to Mac X OS 10.12.1 but printer driver for my Imageclass D480 will not work. I assume the latest version is 10.11 but the driver version that I'm able to install is 10.4 . I've downloaded the latest driver from Canon as of 9/20/16. Any ideas?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Purchased in 2009
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS 10.12.1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Worked until I upgraded OS
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is the make and model of your printer? How is your printer connected, usb, ethernet, or wireless?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Canon Imageclass D460. Connected with ethernet using Bonjour. I also trip connecting it via ethernet with an IP address. I was able to access the printer via the IP address but not able to use it to print.

The installation procedure imust be done exactly right, and each step must be done in the correct order. You may not be doing it right. I apologize for the delay in responding to your question. I have a procedure that always works, and I can walk you through it this evening when we are both online.