TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

2540 I am having trouble getting the ink refills into the

Customer Question

2540 I am having trouble getting the ink refills into the printer. I have put them in before so I am wondering if HP has changed the size of the ink containers. I am trying to put in 61XL which I used before.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The exact model is 2540 and I have had it about two years.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am using a PC and the operating system is Microsoft 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing happened. The printer just ran out of ink.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The printer is a 2541 Deskjet and I have had it about two years. I cannot fit the ink containers into the printer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have the 61XL ink cartridges. Is that not the correct one?
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Good morning. My name is***** see that you have been waiting for an answer for a little while. I am sorry about that and I'm sorry that you are having this problem. I will do my best to help. The 61XL cartridges are the correct cartridges for the HP 2540 series printer. Please click here to view video from HP detailing how to install new cartridges.

http://youtu.be/_jwW-HeyE7U

I am uploading an illustrated pdf document in how to replace the ink cartridges as well. Hopefully it will be helpful to you.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we I can continue to try to help. Thank you! Have a great day!