Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a cannon mg 6821 and it sucked several papers at once

Customer Question

I have a cannon mg 6821 and it sucked several papers at once to the inside. I cannot reach the paper to pull it out. What should I do?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: This is the first time. I bought it in about May 2016
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I don't know the answer to that. I was just trying to copy off the scanner itself.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just happened about 15 minutes ago. I had copied pictures onto card stock, then I changed to paper.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to get it working.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 24 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Follow the instructions in the links below.

Paper is Jammed Inside the Machine : https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART162368&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1478884183746

Paper is Jammed Near the Transport Unit : https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART162458&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1478884183746

Paper is Jammed During Automatic Duplex Printing : https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART162447&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1478884183746

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
i cannot find the paper to pull out anywhere. It is INSIDE the machine.
Expert:  Shefin replied 24 days ago.

Are you sure that there is paper inside? Are you able to see the paper?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No i cannot see or feel the paper anywhere
Expert:  Shefin replied 24 days ago.

Please turn off the printer and unplug all its cables (USB and power). Then, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Wait for two minutes and plugin the cables. restart the printer and try printing anything.

Thank you.

S H E F I N