John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just bought a HP laptop. I can not connect the HP

Customer Question

Hi I just bought a HP laptop. I can not connect the HP OfficeJET printer that I had previously to it. It says it has not driver; when I go to the utilities, it says it needs no driver
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: HPOffice Jet 4630- about a year old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC - wINDOWS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I JUST BOUGHT THE COMPUTER. I AM TRYING TO HOOK UP THE PRINTER WITH WI-FI
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. Does the printer have to be on; it is plugged in and the Wi-Fi light is on
Category: Printers
Expert:  dukey01 replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

You can get the software for the printer from here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-4600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5305049/model/5305050

For the initial setup you'll need to have the printer connected to your laptop with a USB cable.