Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have an epson 9890 printer. i'm interested in printing on

Customer Question

i have an epson 9890 printer . i'm interested in printing on Pvc do i need a special ink to do this I'm using ultra chrome hdr with no success
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: less than a year 9890 stylus pro
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC photo shop were trying to print images on PVC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We just tried it . Is there a special ink that we should be using on PVC
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are attempting to print on 1mm pvc sheets they work fine but ink does not dry. Is there a special in rather than the Ultra chrome HDR
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There is only one type of ink available for the Epson 9890.

You can use it to print on PVC, however you need water-based PVC, i.e. PVC that has been coated, which makes it more expensive and it will also need protected with a layer of varnish if being placed outdoors otherwise the PVC will pick up dirt and water.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------