John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have installed two new expression premium 273xL black and

Customer Question

I have installed two new expression premium 273xL black and 273 black.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: The printer has told me they are not recognized. i have tried reinstalling, disconnectings and anything else I could think of.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: oh I have XP-610
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: from a Mac
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I installed a new ink and it told me it was not recognized, so i went to Staples and purchased a new set of cartridges ($72.00) re-installed the 273XL black and 273 Black it continues to tell me the ink cartridges and not recognized. I have tried re-installing, shut off/on and other things, can not get it to work.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 26 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now. Are you installing genuine epson cartridges, or another brand? You can usually tell this the easiest way if you still have the packaging the cartridges came in.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Genuine epson cartridge
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Are you still with me

Sorry for the delay in response. What is the exact message/error you are receiving about the cartridges?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
The printer does not recognize the cartridges and they're genuine cartridges for the ESPON printer. I have been using the same printer XP-610 for 5 years.

What is the exact message/error you are receiving about the cartridges on the printer?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Cartridge not recognize

Just to make sure, did your new cartridges come in a package looking exactly like this?

http://www.staples.com/Epson-273XL-Black-Ink-Cartridge-T273XL020-S-High-Yield/product_189419

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
The same one I have using for 5 years