Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I'm trying to replace my ink cartages. I took the old ones

Customer Question

I'm trying to replace my ink cartages. I took the old ones out, but now the gray holder they go into is to the far right and I'm unable to move it so I can't put the new ones in. How do I move these?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

What is the brand and model of your printer?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Pixma
Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

Can I have the complete model, please?
Canon is the brand, pixma is a series.

Most of the pixma models though you can simply raise the lid (above the printer, but below the scanner) and the carriage should move to the center automatically. If yours is not, try grasping it with your finger tips and pulling it over. Note that it does need to be plugged in and powered on for this to work.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Cannon Pixma I think it's a 472, not certain. It requires #241 and #240 cartage.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
ML472
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

Thanks for the info, were you able to get it pulled over manually, or by closing and reopening the lid?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I did. However I don't want any further charges on my debt card other than the $5.00
Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

It does look like you may have signed up for a membership, that is not required, but it is also not $5, that was just the deposit to post your question. The total is higher, and is the amount you agreed to (and already paid) on the payment page. We're all independent techs here working on our own time for only a small portion of the fee, so as you can imagine if it were only 5 no tech would be able to spend the time to answer.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Note: After you complete this step, click on Account, and then from there you can cancel your membership, or send a note to customer service to request that, and it would then be a single use without any future recurring fees.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I see on my bank acct. $5. 00 plus $18.00 was charged on my debit card. I thought it only $5.00 and I understand paying you, but I don't want a membership I didn't understand when I paid the $5.00. Who do I call about the membership.
Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

No it was never only 5, as I'm sure you can understand. That was the deposit just to post your question, the 18 was the balance, for a total of 23, you would have been shown that amount and agreed to it on the payment page to be able to even get to the point of talking with me.

You do not need a membership, and should be able to end with just the one time fee for the amount you have already paid.

You can cancel the membership yourself - finish the stars, please, to credit me, and then click on Account, and then on Membership, and you can cancel it right there.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Nathan was very helpful. I'd give him 5 stars.
Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** that.

Were you able to find the account page?
You can also send a message to customer service from there too, if needed.