John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer, an Officejet 6500A Plus will not scan to my desk

Customer Question

My printer, an Officejet 6500A Plus will not scan to my desk top computer. It says that it is not connected to a computer. I haven't changed anything and it worked before. What should I do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I would guess it is 4 or 5 years old. Where do I look to find the exact model?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: My computer is an HP desk top, running windows.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just recent. I had a Caption Call phone installed, which I wonder would have fouled things up.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't believe so. Thank you.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 30 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is printing currently working fine?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,