technicalcat
technicalcat,
65369237

It is showing: Enter special key combo, It's old but I love

Customer Question

It is showing: Enter special key combo
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: It's old but I love it. C5550 a-in-one printer
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have a problem with refiled cartridges and I push lots of keys????
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Please tell me more details about this problem. Are you trying to manually refill your ink cartridges?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I have bought refilled cartridges and have used them before. They are HP but sometimes they will not work
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have cleaned them....turned off and unplugged it already.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you there????

Genuine HP cartridges will not be refilled. What is the brand of the cartridges you are using? Also, have you just purchases these and having trouble, or did they work for awhile and then stop?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just bought them at 1ink.com\I used 9 f them and they worked perfectly But this one won't work
They are Remnanufactyured Replacemeny for fHP 75 ik Cartridge, Color (CB337WN)
But I have bough them from Myers, and other sites. Sometimes they just won't work???
I heard you can bypass the process somehow????

What is the error message, or what exactly happens with the cartridges when they don't work?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cartridge in left slot is not intended for use in this printer. Remove and replace

I realize this answer may not be entirely what you had wanted to hear, but it is accurate all the same.

The cause is this error and problem is very likely the cartridges you are using. This is especially confirmed if you have one cartridge that will work in the printer, and another that will not. The printer isn't going to have a problem reading a particular cartridge , unless the contacts happen to be dirty or it is installed incorrectly. However, there are a number of different causes of these types of cartridges to be bad or become bad. The chances of this increase when you are dealing with any sort of refilled and/or aftermarket non-genuine cartridges, or cartridges that are not new.

Please check the link below for instructions on how to clean the contacts on your cartridges, and then remove, clean , and re-install just to make sure there isn't a cleanliness problem. If a particular cartridge still does not work and throws that error, then you'll simply have to return/replace that cartridge.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00058182

IMPORTANT: Please click the STARS or ACCEPT button to rate my time and help now. I strive for excellent service.
Rating costs nothing more. This is my livelihood, and a positive rating is the only way I receive credit for helping you.

As this is my job, if you feel the need to rate less than five stars, please don't, and instead reply for further assistance.
Rating does not close the question. I continue to help after positive rating with a satisfaction guarantee, so please rate now. Thank You.