John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a photosmart6510 printer; model#B211a. The black ink

Customer Question

I have a photosmart6510 printer; model#B211a. The black ink has stopped working. I had a new cartridge that seemed to quit and replaced that w another new black hp cartridge564; but it is still not printing black. The other colors are printing. I went through the cleaning and aligning to no avail. Please advise. thank you.
Suzanne
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 25 days ago.

Hey Suzanne, I'm Tim and will do my best to assist you, how old is the printer?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
at least 6 yrs old
Expert:  Tim replied 25 days ago.

That's very old for a printer. Let me take a look at how the printer is configured, the inkhead for the black might very well have died.

Expert:  Tim replied 25 days ago.

Suzanne, from looking at how its put together, its age and many other complaints about the black print head going out, i think we can say thats the likely culprit. I would not even consider having it repaired, as it will cost more than replacing it with a newer one. - Stay away from Cannons.

Expert:  Tim replied 25 days ago.

six years was a bloodly long run, it's time for a new printer. Go for a Lexmark or brother printer. Make sense?