John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Struggling. Have been away from printer since August. It

Customer Question

Struggling. Have been away from printer since August. It worked then with my cellular phone. Today tried to print. Printer is brother MFC-L272ODW. Seems to start running and says it is receiving data. Runs for a bit then small house symbol and red "X" light up. Then window lights up for a moment. Then just lit up house and blue WIFI on printer. Little house fades on and off. Please help me. 😩 Thanks! Barbara
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: A year and a half old. Where would I find model number. Thought MFC-. Etc. As above would help?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am currently using my I-phone. My MAC is sometimes used but when I do so I use a cable and connect. Set my cell up to print wirelessly when I got printer and it has worked well until today.....
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Have been away from home here in Edmonton since August 20th. Just now home.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What do you mean "before this popped up?"
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 25 days ago.

I have to leave for a few hours. I can help you with this this evening.