John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We are trying to download printer infortmation for the

Customer Question

Hi. We are trying to download printer infortmation for the brother 8480dn. Looks like it's downloaded, but nothing happens. we don't see a printer icon. I don't want this to be downloaded more than once if it's already on my computer!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I really don't know. probably within the last five years. it's a wireless set up. My computer was brand new in january
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: we just downloaded about ten minutes ago. then we hit a wall
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 25 days ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask what is meant when you say that you have "downloaded the printer information"? Does that mean that you have downloaded the printer software, connected the printer to your device or network, or does it mean something else?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason