Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My mg5220 printer skips lines. I changed out the new

Customer Question

My mg5220 printer skips lines. I changed out the new cartridge and in a short time it too started to skip lines, leaving the horizontal centers of the words blank.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Pixma MG5220. Maybe 4-5 years old. It is only the black (larger) cartridge hat is giving me a problem.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Dell, windows 8
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: In the last week. Changing the cartridge (the first time) may have been a factor. But I changed it because it stopped printing the black.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

The problem you are facing can be caused due to few reasons, one if the ink is low, two if the printhead is clogged, three if the printhead is defective , four if the timing or encoder strip is dirty. Now, as you have not mentioned anything about printhead, cleaning, I will first recommend you to clean and deep clean the printhead and reply me back.

You can follow the steps from the links below to do those jobs.

Printhead cleaning.

Deep cleaning.