John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Lexmark E460dn it prints fine but will not select the paper

Customer Question

Lexmark E460dn it prints fine but will not select the paper from the internal tray. I have to use the front hand feed tray. It only started doing this about a week ago. I have no idea what I might have done to cause this reaction.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Lexmark is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 3 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Lenovo Think center not sure about the operating system
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About 2 weeks but I retired 1/1/16 and don't use the computer everyday so it could be longer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of thanks for your help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Did you check the paper settings on your PC, if you wish then, I can use secure remote support to directly connect with your PC and help you to solve the problem,unless it is a hardware fault.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** want out of this mess I have created by providing my credit card information to get the answer to my question I will simply take my printer to a local group to review the settings. Please cancel my membership and record whatever your minimum charge is and destroy my credit card information.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

That is your choice, but the problem is most probably on your computer, so taking the printer to someone may not solve the problem and can you tell me, why don't you like to work with us, where thousands of customers are using our service everyday without any problem.