John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Ld Epson ET - 4550, 5 months it is connect to an IMAC

Customer Question

ld Epson ET - 4550
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 months it is connect to an IMAC computer and has worked great until now.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC on OSX 10.6.8
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing happened it just seems stuck with the following on the screen which seems frozen and does not respond -- the window says information,,printing, check ink etc, cancel symbol at the bottom
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, but I appreciate your help.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 30 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Force quit the frozen or printing screen and see if it works or not. Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit. Select the printer window there and click Force Quit. Then try to print again.

If that didn't work, then turn off the printer and unplug it for 2 minutes. Then plug it back, turn it on and try printing.

If that didn't work, then we can reset your printing system and see if it works or not.

1. Go to System Preferences from the Apple menu or from the Dock.
  2. Open Printers and Scanners or Print and Scan
  3. Hold down control and click (or Right click) on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu (or hold down Option key and click - button at bottom left and click Reset Printing System)

After resetting,your Printer will disappear from the list. Click the + button in there (in left corner) and add it back

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.