Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have an Epson Workforce WF-3640 and I'm receiving an error

Customer Question

Hello, I have an Epson Workforce WF-3640 and I'm receiving an error code 0x97.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I think I've had it about 6-8 months
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have received this error before and what I ended up doing is turning it off, moving the ink holder to the middle and cleaning off the ink head with a paper towel. It soaked up a bunch of excess ink. I tried it twice today and so far it hasn't worked.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was printing just fine and all of a sudden wouldn't print again. I'm trying to work from home today and need to print a bunch of documents.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 24 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 24 days ago.

I don't know, what to suggest you, as you have tried the one any only solution for this problem, which is cleaning the ink from the printhead, but there are several other ways to clean the printhead, you can try them from the link below. If the problem persists then, unfortunately, the printhead is defective and as the printer is almost new, you have to send the printer for replacement.

Please remember, do not remove any screws if needed, because that can void the warranty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZjDaSmGbgo

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Yea I'm not going to try anything the guy is doing in the video as that is too extensive for me and I would end up breaking something! I purchased the printer at Costco so I'm going to contact them and go from there. Thanks.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 24 days ago.

Please contact Epson directly, so that the printer can be replaced quickly.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 24 days ago.

Please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.