John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Officejet 4215 all-inone printer will not print from my

Customer Question

officejet 4215 all-inone printer will not print from my computer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model 4215
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: The printer will copy but not connect from Dell computer
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: two days. Not sure what I was doing before it stopped connecting to the computer. I checked all the cables and they are OK. Interesting that it will copy. Message I received that ther is a "paper Jam"
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from your printer for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then wait a bit. Then when you print from the computer again, does it still say paper jam?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you get my computer to connect to the hp office-jet 4215 all-in-one-printer

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=dc3628fe-2fc9-4ef7-a3b1-f687d005dfe1
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Printer is still not receiving from the computer

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/pbds5bu
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please stay with me on this web page. Please try my steps above, and let me know if you are stuck at any step, or if there is any error or message.