John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a lenovo yoga 710 laptop with no way to run the

Customer Question

I have a lenovo yoga 710 laptop with no way to run the printer driver disk, I would like to connect my cannon 2520 printer to it to print a bill to mail. Can you help me? I am not very good with computers and don't know where to start. My HP which has been hooked up to this printer will no longer connect to internet. Really need to print up this bill. Help!!!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the computer is over 7 years old not sure how old, but not working and would like to hook up the lenovo as a back up. Which model number do you want?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC - unsure operating system?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have had some problems with the HP for a couple of weeks, sometimes it is connected and others not. Now does not even show any available networks, but all my other devices work, so not the internet, the printer seems ok, did make a copy of something today with the scanner.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wanted to get the printer hooked up if possible ,was told that even though I don't have a driver that Cannon could help me to install the printer on my computer when I spoke with Lenovo earlier.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 28 days ago.

My name is Randy.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

I can install the printer on the Lenovo for you with a secure remote screen connect session.

Are you on the Lenovo now?