Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

Canon Pixma MG5620, support code 6000 error. Turning off,

Customer Question

Canon Pixma MG5620, support code 6000 error. Turning off, unplug, plug, turn on did not fix.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: First time. About 2 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC OS X El Capitan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Yesterday I printed one page document successfully, as usual, then tried to print another document when the printer error came up.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Thanks, Pearl.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

In most instances, a 6000 error will require a repair at a Canon authorised repair centre, however prior to sending your printer for repair please follow the steps below to try and resolve this error-

1. Turn off the printer
  2. Disconnect the power cable
  3. Open the printer cover
  4. Check for any orange protective tape or white polystyrene and remove if necessary
  5. Check that there are no foreign objects in the printer (such as a paper clip) and remove if necessary
  6. Close the cover
  7. Reconnect and turn on

If the error message is still showing, then it is necessary to deliver or send the printer to an authorised repair centre.

If the printer is still under warranty, (generally one year from purchase) and supporting documentation is provided, then a free of charge warranty repair will be carried out.

If the warranty has expired, then any repairs can only be carried out at cost and charges will apply.

You can find the details of your nearest repair centre using our interactive repair centre locator.

If you own a PIXMA PRO-1 please contact Canon -> contact us directly as you may be eligible for an on-site repair.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your reply. As I'd already tried the Turning off, unplug, plug in, turn on, which did not fix, and no paper jam or foreign objects, since it had just printed one doc successfully, it looks as if I'll need to buy a new printer rather than put money into this one.

Yes, It seems like that, But it is good to contact Canon help desk first.

Would you like to rate me and pay me for my services ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
While I was hoping for a more positive response to fix the printer and I'd already mentioned that I tried the procedures you suggested, I agree to pay the balance. However, I recommend in the future that you supply helpful comments specific to the inquiries, rather than the general ones shown in our exchange.

Actually for this error we can not try much except this,It is basically a hardware issue ;-

• Check for any orange protective tape or white polystyrene and remove if necessary
  • Check that there are no foreign objects in the printer (such as a paper clip) and remove if necessary

I have opened my rating for you. You can rate me 3+ stars to pay me for my service.