John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Will not copy computer to printer, HP Envy 5540, PC Windows

Customer Question

Will not copy computer to printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP Envy 5540
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Have not used in a whilie will not copy any thing from computer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Is the printer connected to the computer with the USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wireless

Thank you. Can you please put a piece of document or photo faced down on the printer's glass, then press the Copy button / option on the printer, then does it copy fine or not?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
copied item

Thank you. What's the status of the Wi-Fi / wireless icon on the printer's screen?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not going to spend more money on a fix that should be done this way

I'm sorry. With direct remote support, it will be quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. And wireless printing issue can be complicated. How about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support? Please let me know; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am going to disconnent and call HP Corp to complain

I'm sorry. I'm not affiliated with HP nor with your computer manufacturer. I'm an independent support tech. HP support can be slow, and they will not help you if your printer is out of warranty. Also, HP likely won't help you since your printer is currently copying fine, which means there is nothing wrong with the printer, then the issue is not with your printer, but with your computer.

Please let me know if you'd like me to fix the printing issue quickly for you right now; we guarantee our service. Thank you,