John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My workforce WF-3640 flashes an Error Code 0x69. As

Customer Question

My workforce WF-3640 flashes an Error Code 0x69. As instructed, I turned off the computer several times, but the error still flshe.
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: What should I do next?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have a PC. I am computer naive and don't know what an OS is, Windows?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened right after I changed the C cartridge. I had a bit of trouble closing the top of the cartridge unit because it was so far to the right that i the edge of the computer top bumped into the side of the unit. But it moved to the left and then i closed the top
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's as far as I know. Thansks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Are you using genuine/oem epson cartridges, or are they generic/refilled cartridges?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
typo on tlephone it is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is the next step in trying to fix this "error" 0x69?
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

Note: to continue here, I need to know what cartridges you are using. This is not a yes or no question.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I asked the question 8 days ago. Your response (and that from someone named John) has been totally UNSATISFACTORY.
I have since solved the problem myself.
Please TERMINATE this whole stupid procedure..Thank you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Yes you did, and I received no response to the follow up questions I asked minutes after, which is why I reached out again.

You may cancel yourself from the help page.