John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Paper jam, paper is jammed inside the printer MX 392, Canom

Customer Question

paper jam
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: paper is jammed inside the printer MX 392
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Canom PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just happened
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The paper starts to come out and I tried to pull i out but it wouldnt come out. the right side coming out was crincaled
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What does the paper jam message, on the printer itself, say, please?

If it indicates anything about the area where the jam is sensed, you see, that would be useful information.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a HP Pavillion PC. The paper is jammed right as it is insight beneath a bar. It is wrinkled on the right of the printer looking in. the right side is wrinkled and smeared with ink. I have been able to get most of thepaper out, but something inside is causing the same problem.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The Comprinter just says error. Windows 8 is OP system

Try turning Off the printer.

Then raise the top of the printer as if to change the ink cartridges.

Try to gently (don't force it) push the carriage with the cartridges in it, over to the right, so that the paper beneath it might be removed.

(I realize this may be hard to do... or impossible. That's why I say: don't force the carriage to move, if paper is bunched up under it keeping it immobilized. Damage to printhead or carriage could result...)