John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a canon printer that frequently says "filter failed"

Customer Question

I have a canon printer that frequently says "filter failed" Sometimes it just sends through a blank piece of paper and sometimes it prints part of a job.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: About 2 months MG 2500
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Un plugging printer from computer, turning printer on and off.
JA: Anything else you want the camera expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you, ***** ***** do I make my printer work. Most of what I want printed is a word document
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 26 days ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason