Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Second opinion] - New printer series XP 830. When I try t

Customer Question

Second opinion] - New printer series XP 830. When I try t oprint one #10 envelope I get a message o take out or put in a cd. I am NOT printing a CD After an hour of this I cannot print my envelope Help!!!!!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: XP 830
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing - the printer is one day old
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not think so
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 26 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is very obviously an error message relating to the CD tray or CD printing area of your printer.

A reset of the printer, and checking that the area of the CD tray is closed, would both be advisable.

A reset of the printer would mean, turning it Off, and unplugging it from the power, for at least 10 minutes.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
but the CD tray will NOT close all the way!!!!
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
It seems to closed as far as it will go - looks like the picture with about 1 cm extruding from the bottom of the printer.

OK. Open it out. Make sure nothing is getting in the way, and then try to close it gently but firmly.

Has this printer ever worked? I take it that it is new, but how new, how long ago was it bought?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
First day and it prints - will turn on and see what happens with an envelop.Did that and it still tells me to put a Cd inThen I checked envelope and re set it fro the back feed and after two trials lit worked - Baroque!!!!!!!

Excellent news. I'm glad to hear it!

If you're done with the case, please rate my answer, if it was helpful to the result. Thanks!