Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Since loading new ink, I cannot get myCanon PIXMA mp280 to

Customer Question

Since loading new ink, I cannot get myCanon PIXMA mp280 to copy. I have gotten it to copy. Since it worked last at copying, I have upgraded to Windows 10. Do I need a new disc to download for windows 10?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: I AM GUESSING IT MAY BE 2 YEARS OLD. THE NEW INK IS THE FIRST RELOAD.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Where do I find those answers?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been 2 weeks or less. I ran out or low on ink and purchased new ink. I followed the install ink directions very carefully.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It will copy as usual but no copying.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Even if you do not install the driver, you will be able to copy properly. Please try the instructions below.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

You can download latest driver for your computer from the link below.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp-series/pixma-mp280

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N