John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My HP7520 all in one will not feed paper, HP 7520 photo

Customer Question

My HP7520 all in one will not feed paper
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP 7520 photo smart all-in-one 4 years old ??
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Dell LatititudeWindows XP
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was running fine the last time I used it. Powered up today and the paper does not advance at all
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kelly Scriven replied 30 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the Experts here at JustAnswer.com. I see that you are having issues with your HP printer not feeding paper.

Where is the paper not feeding from? The paper tray or the automatic document feeder?

How often is this printer used? Has it sat unused for a while?

Chances are, if it has been sitting for a while, there may be dust on the rollers where the paper feeds. This can be easily cleaned with a cotton swab and alcohol. You can use this on all of the feed rollers in the printer.

If the printer is used regularly, paper dust can also coat these same rollers an prevent those feed rollers from working properly.

I hope this was helpful. Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks!