John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer says there is no ink in my printer even though I

Customer Question

my printer says there is no ink in my printer even though I have put two in, it works for a while and then stops printer saying there is no ink.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer?
Customer: PIXMA MP280
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Lenovo
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: For about a month now and I have replaced the printer even though I thought it was a bit early, this one has only been in a couple of weeks. It seemed to be working fine before, it is an old printer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Does this cost me?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

To be clear, this is a paid support site, it is not free help.

Are you using genuine canon inks, or generic/refilled ones?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I used the Canon first and then a Staples compatible. Just to be clear, this said it was a free trial!!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

I believe if you sign up for an ongoing membership, then the first week or so may be free. If you opt not to, then you may be responsible for the single use cost of the service. You may contact the customer service staff from the help page if you have questions about the cost. I'm an independent tech and not privy to any billing information. Do you wish to proceed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I don't understand this at all. It says free and then there is well, there are strings attached. I don't like that vagueness. I will get help elsewhere. Thank you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

I don't want to give you incorrect information on the cost, which is why I'm referring you to the help page for that.

If you are comfortable with it at that point, then I'd be happy to continue on with you.

Thanks,